Riana Groenewald Partner - Audit
Riana qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1993 after which she spent 13 years in commerce before returning to the audit profession in 2006 when joining.
During her time as audit partner at EY, Riana was the lead engagement partner for large corporates in the following sectors:
- Financial Services: AON , Kiln, Rand Mutual Assurance, SCOR, FirstData, AGRe Insurance
- Retirement Funds: The large clients include under more, Mineworkers Provident Fund, Metal Industries Provident Fund and Engineering Industries Pension Fund, Johannesburg Municipal Pension Fund, Temporary Employees Pension Fund, Associated Industries Pension Fund, Eskom Pension & Provident Funds.
- Retail & Consumer products: Timken, Tetrapak, Alfa Laval, Gelita, McCormick, Degremont, Birkart Logwin, JCDecaux, Grafo Wiremarkers, Marley, Hytec
Since joining Mazars, Riana has been the engagement partner for CFAO Motors Insurance Limited, Lion of Africa Life Assurance Company Limited , SCOR Africa Limited and Indequity Specialised Insurance.
Riana prides herself on providing exceptional client service which is insightful, connected and responsive. She acts as a visible role model to coach and develop people driving not only the sustainability of our practice but also our ability to service our clients in challenging regulated environments such as the Financial Services sector.
- SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors)
- Prudential Authority approved as partner on Insurance clients
- Retirement Funds