Prasam Patel Partner - Real Estate Tax
Prasam is a Partner leading our Real Estate practice Director working primarily in the Real Estate, Infrastructure, and Renewables sectors. The majority of his work is in the transactions space where he advises his investors and developers on the tax and accounting implications of buying, selling, financing, refinancing, or entering into real assets projects.
He helps clients understand and make decisions on risk areas and commercial negotiations, as well as structuring their holdings. His roles include:
- Buy- and sell-side due diligence;
- Funders’ due diligence;
- Tax structuring throughout the lifecycle of a business including initial inception, acquisition, development, disposal, refinancing, IPO and exit;
- Step plan reviews;
- Assistance on assumptions in financial models;
- Transfer pricing/thin capitalisation reviews; and
- Helping clients understand the impact on their business of prospective and new tax legislation and how to make strategic decisions based on those impacts
Prasam works with listed and unlisted funds and developers as well as special purpose vehicles, banks and private businesses.
Prasam is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor with in-house experience, so understands the internal tax requirements of large businesses when executing transactions. Previous roles include positions in a Big Four firm and Royal Bank of Scotland plc, as well as Grant Thornton where he trained.