Paul Schutjens Partner
Personal quote / vision
I have committed myself to providing high quality services by combining optimal performing teams with relevant experience and specific expertise with delivering added value to my clients.
- Extensive audit and advisory experience in investment management, (regulated) investment funds with investments in real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy and international holding and financing structures.
- In-depth financial reporting expertise (IFRS accredited, Dutch GAAP).
- Specialized in valuation issues for real estate, construction, renewable energy, and private equity and in-depth knowledge of IPEV / EVCA valuation guidelines.
- Broad experience and expertise of corporate governance, risk management and compliance, including laws and regulations (AIFMD) and ISAE 3402 certification.
Specific client experience
- Investment managers.
- Investment funds (both regulated and unregulated).
- Financing structures (capital carkets).
- Alternative investment vehicles with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, private equity and renewable energy, among others.
- International holding structures.
- Real estate investors.
- Property managers.
- Construction and project development.
Education and work experience
- 1997 - 2000 | Avans Hogeschool | Bachelor of economics.
- 2000 | Nyenrode | Accountancy.
- 2004 - 2008 | EY | Senior Personnel Financial Services Organization / Multinationals.
- 2012 - 2016 | EY | Senior Manager Assurance.
- 2016 - present | Mazars | Partner-owner Audit, Financial Audit.
- I am also involved in various internal and external quality initiatives, including writing and supporting internal and NBA practice manuals, culture and behavior initiatives, and thesis and internship guidance.
- I am also a member of the Financial Institutions Sector Group and the Construction & Real Estate Sector Group and a member of the Mazars Global Real Estate Group.