Noboru Yokoyama Head of Tax, Partner
Noboru has more than 30 years of experience in international tax of foreign investment, cross-border transactions and M&A.
He advises foreign multinationals investing into Japan as well as Japanese companies operating globally on their business tax matters of income tax and indirect tax.
Noboru has started his career in banking and spent over 15 years at one of the major Japanese bank, including 5 years of assignment in its New York branch. He then joined a Big 4 accounting firm in Tokyo where he became a senior tax partner and lead financial tax service and business tax advisory service for a wide range of industries, including banking and securities industries, for 14 years.
Before joined Mazars, Noboru worked as Tax Director of a Kyoto-based global manufacturer of high-tech devices and a Japan’s top-ranked multinational advertising and public relation company.
- Financial services
- Real estate
- Corporate tax (national and international tax compliance and consulting, cross-border transaction, M&A, Transfer Pricing)
- VAT (compliance, tax consulting and analysis, cross-border flows review and tax optimization)
- Individual tax (income tax compliance and global mobility)
- Tax audit and tax litigation (providing taxpayers representation in dealing with tax authorities)
- Comprehensive experience in global tax strategy as tax director of global manufacture.
Language capabilities include Japanese and English