Laurent Inard Partner
Laurent Inard is head of the Financial Advisory (FAS) division , which combines the following expertise: transaction advisory (M&A-Corporate Finance, financial valuation, due diligence, carve-out, price adjustment, SPA drafting advisory), financial modeling and valuation, finance advisory (project finance and PFI/PPP), restructuring services and arbitration, litigation and forensic.
He is also member of the Board of Mazars S.A.
Laurent Inard graduated from Ecole Centrale Paris in 1995, and joined Mazars in 1996.
After becoming a partner in 2005, he founded the valuation and modeling practice in 2006, and has been appointed head of the FAS (Financial Advisory Services) in December 2009. In 2013, he has been elected to the Board of Mazars S.A.
Area of expertise
• Head of the FAS (Financial Advisory Services) division .
• Financial valuation of groups, companies, BU and branches, assets (including intangible assets), options and management packages, in various contexts:
o Transactions: valuation of target, identification of synergies, where relevant valuation of consideration or contributions paid or of exchange ratios.
o Regulatory: fairness opinion, legal appraisal of contributions or transactions within a group (restructuring, fair values transactions), mergers, independent expertise.
o Tax: legal entities valuations in a group restructuring context, appraisal of assets, transfer pricing.
o Financial accounting: purchase price allocation (PPA), impairment test and triggering events.
• Financial modeling: business plan, cost & revenue allocation models and cost-sharing theory, pricing models, economic models in regulatory environments, analysis of investments decisions and analysis of projects portfolio.
• 2008 - Alfa-ACI Congress (airports association) in La Rochelle : conference lecturer on the topic « Economic Regulation : costs analysis and pricing concepts »
• 2010 – Mazars and Commerzbank roundtable : « Project finance in renewable energy »
• 2011 - Africa Telecom Forum : overview of ex-ante regulation : issues, legislative environment, details of implementation and main pricing provisions
• 2011 – International Financial Meeting of Europlace Paris (Rencontres Financières Internationales de Paris Europlace) : Conference lecturer on the topic “The development of Renewable Energy Industry in Europe: Myth or Reality”
• 2011 - Study “From single till to dual till: economic and accounting issues”, dealing with the impact due to a change in the perimeter of regulated services in a context of business with strong externalities
• 2012 - Article released in Finyear : « une nouvelle crise après trois à quatre années chaotiques : une série fatale en matière de dépréciation d’actifs ? » (another crisis after 3 or 4 chaotic years: a final trigger to impairments ?)
• 2012 – Proposal for a mechanism of financial perequation (Press distribution)
• 2012 - Club Aéro, contributor to the roundtable « Low cost et dollar, les acteurs de la filière aéronautique au cœur de l’internationalisation »
• 2013 - Google / Presse mediation: assistance to the mediator in the theory of multi-sided market
• 2013 - Magazine des Affaires Conference « M&A asiatique : les clés du marché chinois et de ses voisins » : Conference lecturer alongside Gérard Millet (Sodica Asia) and Antoine de la Gatinais (Gide Loyrette Nouel)