Kees Harteveld Partner
Personal quote / vision
To deliver quality as an accountant for every client and for all stakeholders is my main motivation. Empathy is indispensable in this and does not have to affect my independent position as an accountant. I see it as a challenge to clearly share observations from audit or advisory work, with the right tone and at the right time. It is my ambition to further increase Mazars' reputation as a professional accountant and advisor in the financial sector.
- Extensive experience as final accountant of insurers, pension funds, investment firms, investment institutions, finance companies and leasing companies.
- Specific knowledge and extensive experience with respect to the relevant reporting regulations (including IFRS) and testing of internal controls, including internal controls in highly automated environments (including Fintechs and Insurtechs).
- Affinity with actuarial questions and has extensive experience in working with actuaries.
Specific client experience
- Experience serving clients that are part of a global group (such as BNP Paribas and AXA) as mid-sized and smaller clients.
- Extensive experience in serving clients where various stakeholders are represented in supervisory and/or governing bodies.
- It is very important to give each client attention and dedication in a manner appropriate to the context and expectations.
Education and work experience
- 1991 - 1996 | Erasmus University Rotterdam | Business Economics.
- 1996 - 1999 | Erasmus University Rotterdam | Accounting degree.
- 1996 - 2006 | PwC.
- 2006 - present | Mazars | Financial Services practice.
- 2009 - present | Mazars | Partner.
- Member of the Insurers and Pension Funds Sector Committee (SVP) of the Netherlands Institute of Chartered Accountants.