Juergen Dumont Accounting & Outsourcing Solutions, Senior Manager
Juergen Dumont is a Senior Manager in the ‘Accounting & Outsourcing Solutions’ practice at Mazars Japan. He specialises in accounting, payroll and tax advisory services, to serve international clients doing business in Japan.
Juergen has gained 25 years of experience from working in Germany and Japan, with roles both in the professional services business and in Management. Having spent 11 out of 25 years in Japan, Juergen has the unique ability to look at Japan related topics from both the headquarter and the subsidiary perspective, for supporting a smooth and effective communication. Juergen is renowned for delivering his services to clients in an enthusiastic and focused manner.
Prior to joining Mazars in Japan, Juergen provided outsourcing and tax advisory services at a Big4 firm in Tokyo. His career got started in 1995, when he joined a Big4 audit firm in Duesseldorf to provide audit and tax advisory services to Japanese subsidiaries operating in Germany. Later on he was seconded to the Tokyo office for serving European businesses doing business in Japan. After returning from his secondment to Germany, Juergen moved to working in Management roles as SVP Finance & Controlling (software) and as CFO (access control & security management).
• Renewable energy
• Automotive (OEM and suppliers)
• Food & drinks
• Retail (apparel & consumer goods)
• Access control & security management
Areas of expertise:
- Accounting, book closing and financial reporting under IFRS and German GAAP
- Cross border financial reporting and group consolidation
- Tax compliance (corporate income taxes, Japan consumption tax and individual income tax compliance)
- Budgeting and financial analysis
- Financial due diligence
- Process improvement and cost efficiency
- German, English and Japanese (intermediate)
Juergen is leading the German Desk at Mazars Japan.