Hymie Swanepoel Partner
Having joined Mazars as an auditor supervisor in 1997, Hymie was promoted to a partner in 1999. Currently, he serves on the Mazars Cape Town Executive Committee and is head of their Private Own Business unit.
Hymie studied B.Compt (Hons) at the University of the Free State and started his articles at Warner & Newton in 1994. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1995. Hymie joined the Mazars family when Warner & Newton merged with the Mazars group.
In his 20+ years as a partner, he has developed extremely valuable skills to serve a wide variety of clients, ranging from small privately held companies to large multi-national corporations. Privately Owned Businesses (POB) remain his passion, where he can share his experience not only with the businesses themselves, but also with the families behind them.
- Personal and corporate tax
- Estate planning, including wills
- General business consulting
- Professional Trusteeship/director
Sector expertise includes:
- Property development
- Professional services
- Retail / wholesale
- Non – profit organisations / charities
- SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors)