Catarina Herbst Partner
Lawyer, tax consultant, tax law specialist
Areas of expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Inheritance law and business succession
Special sector knowledge
- Trade and competition
- Real estate
- since 2015 part of Mazars Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 2010-2015 Esche Schümann Commichau, lawyer and tax consultant
- 2003-2008 Research assistant at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- 2007-2010 Clerkship in Hamburg
- 1997-2003 Law studies at the Universities of Jena and Limerick (Ireland)
Dr. Catarina Herbst has been a partner at Mazars since 2015 and is responsible for the area of asset and company succession in our law firm's Hamburg office. Previously, she worked as a lawyer and tax advisor at Esche Schümann Commichau in the Private Clients department. Dr. Catarina Herbst has a strong focus on asset and company succession and advises our clients comprehensively on all questions of (tax-optimised) asset transfer. She is the author of numerous essays and judgement notes as well as an author in commentaries and handbooks. Dr. Herbst lectures at the BECK Academy on tax-optimised company succession and real estate succession. She is also a lecturer at HAAS GmbH (also in the area of corporate succession) and at the Institute for Inheritance Law.
- Haas Ltd.
- Haas Training Centre