Birgit Jürgensmann Partner
Lawyer, Tax Advisor, Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law
Areas of expertise
Special sector knowledge
- Automotive industry
- Energy, infrastructure & environment
- Transport & logistics
- Since 2014 Mazars Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 2006 – 2013 Partner at Deloitte & Touche GmbH
- 2000 – 2006 Manager / Senior Manager / Director at KPMG Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft
- 1995 – 1999 Assistant / Senior Assistant and Consultant at Arthur Andersen GmbH
- Traineeship at the District court of Hannover and at the Arthur Andersen GmbH
- Law Student at the University of Osnabrück and Hamburg
Birgit Jürgensmann has been professionally focused on indirect taxes since 1999. She advises companies and industries of different sizes on queries involving international and national turnover taxes (e.g. turnover tax risk management strategies, defense strategies regarding tax audits, Due Diligence and Business Model Optimization regarding turnover taxes).
Birgit Jürgensmann sees herself as an intermediary between companies and their usually complex (turnover) tax requirements. She is always focused on feasible solutions. Furthermore, she gained intercultural expertise during her stay abroad and long-standing consultancies with an international orientation. Birgit Jürgensmann is a frequent speaker at national and international events. Additionally, she is an (co-)author of various publications regarding turnover tax law.
Participation in professional bodies of the profession and other functions
- UmsatzsteuerForum e.V.
- Co-author „Vermögensverwaltende Personengesellschaften“, Haase/Dorn, Beck-Verlag
- Co-author „Geistiges Eigentum im Steuerrecht“, Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt
- Co-author Bulletin BCCG “Guide to Doing Business in the UK an Germany 2017”
- Yearbook 2017/2018 BCCG: “Umsatzsteuerliche und zollrechtliche Aspekte, die Unternehmen kennen sollten.“