Bianca de Kroon Partner
Personal quote / vision
Estate Planning is a wonderful field that cannot be described in a few words. This also applies to my work. Building a bridge between legal and fiscal aspects, that is what it is all about. What inspires me about this profession is the way in which the various disciplines come together, sometimes in an almost mathematical way. I really enjoy finding customized solutions to seemingly difficult problems.
- In my practice I focus on advising high net worth individuals in the broadest sense of the word, in particular (inter)national estate planning.
- I work for high net worth families and individuals, directors and officers, advisors to private clients (such as family offices, notaries, bankers, asset managers, lawyers and tax advisors) and charities.
- Through Mazars Bewind en Executele BV I regularly work as an executor and/or administrator.
Education and work experience
- 2003 | Utrecht University | Law and economics in business and society | Cum laude.
- 2005 | Utrecht University | Notarial Law and Tax Law | Cum laude.
- 2006 | Cambridge University | LL.M.
- 2006 - present | Mazars | Estate Planner / Tax Advisor.
- 2019 - present | Mazars | Partner.
- In addition to my work at Mazars, I teach Success Law and Estate Planning at Leiden University. In addition, I am working on a dissertation on a component in inheritance law and its tax implications: the fideï commis (also known as two-step making or gifting).
- I enjoy sharing knowledge in different ways, both with people looking for the best solution for their situation and with people who want to learn the craft. This is why I enjoy teaching, publishing and regularly speaking at internal and external estate planning meetings. Are you looking for a speaker on (international) Estate Planning? Then contact Mazars University on 088 - 277 12 34 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.