Annie Chan Partner, Forensic and Investigation Services
- L.L.M. University of London, United Kingdom
- L.L.B. (Hons.) University of London, United Kingdom
- MBA University of Strathclyde, Scotland
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales
- Member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, USA
- Practising Associate Member of Academy of Experts, United Kingdom
- Member of INSOL International
- Committee Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Hong Kong Chapter
- Member of Hong Kong Institute of Directors
- Member of Hong Kong Securities Institute
- Specialist Designation in Insolvency, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited Mediator of Hong Kong Mediation Centre
- Panel Member, Financial Reporting Review Council, Hong Kong SAR
- Executive Committee Member of Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of HKICPA
Annie Chan has specialized in corporate recovery and forensic accounting for over 19 years and is currently in charge of the Corporate Recovery & Forensic Division. Her specific focus and expertise are in the areas of insolvency, restructuring, corporate and fraud investigation, regulatory compliance consulting, anti-money laundering review, shareholder disputes and litigation support. Her experience includes acting as liquidator and receiver for a number of companies. She was previously Assistant Registrar at the Official Receiver’s Office and Senior Manager, Enforcement Division, at the Securities and Futures Commission.
Annie works closely with attorneys and has been engaged in many diversified assignments. She assisted the audit committee of a US company to perform a forensic investigation into alleged falsification of revenue and business misconduct violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of USA; has conducted investigations for the Board of a multinational company into the local senior management for diversion of company businesses; and has led the investigation into a local London gold financial scam, thereby assisting in the criminal prosecution of the fraudster.
In another engagement, she led a major securities fraud investigation involving misappropriation of client funds exceeding USD2 million. She has also led various regulatory compliance projects involving the Securities and Futures Ordinance and other relevant regulations. In addition, Annie has prepared expert witness reports involving analysis of suspicious financial transactions and false accounting.
She is an experienced public speaker and has made numerous presentations on corporate recovery, fraud investigation and regulatory updates for clients, solicitors and bankers. Annie speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.