Richard Karmel London Managing Partner, Global Sustainability
Richard is responsible for Mazars’ award-winning business and human rights reporting line, providing human rights consulting and assurance services to some of the world’s largest companies. Richard was the co-lead of the project team which drafted the authoritative human rights guidance for companies being the UNGP Reporting Framework and UNGP Assurance Guidance (www.UNGPreporting.org). The project was officially supported by the United Nations Working Group on Business and Human Rights. The UNGP Reporting Framework has been recommend by governments across the globe and is being applied by many of the world’s leading companies. Richard is a regular speaker on panels and a contributor to ethical periodicals and websites. He advises quoted companies on their ESG journeys and those reporting in line with the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive and Modern Slavery Act.
Richard qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1992 with a large firm of accountants, where he spent two years in the Paris office on secondment. Richard has particular expertise in the mining, oil and gas sectors and has clients with operations throughout Africa, Asia and America.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Richard Karmel
- Mazars, proud gold partner of the Global Goals Yearbook
- Technology and Sustainability: Five innovations defining the future
- Sustainability: Technology enabled
- Regulation and Sustainability: Five questions, answered
- Sustainability: Moving the conversation forward
- Using the SDGs to Add Value to Business
- Business and human rights: from principles to practice
- Report on Human Rights and Business
- UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework Launch
- Mining companies committed to UN Human Rights principles, new survey reveals