Mazars BEPS & international tax newsletter n°1 – February 2021
BEPS & international tax newsletter–February 2021
This first edition covers new measures published in February 2021 by the OECD, the EU, and 27 countries: Belgium, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Luxembourg, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay.
On 27-28 January 2021, the OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework on BEPS held its first public meeting to take stock of ongoing work in the area of international taxation. The agenda covered the following tax policy issues:
- The global economic context and tax policy after the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Taxation and Development;
- Tax challenges arising from digitalisation and the future of international taxation;
- BEPS, tax assurance, transparency and tax administration;
- Taxation and the environment.
Given the global economic context, discussions during the meeting highlighted that the pandemic has severely affected economies around the world.