The Mazars BEPS & international tax newsletter, a monthly summary of international tax news, gives you a regular overview of the introduction of the OECD's BEPS initiative and ongoing international tax reforms.
This first edition covers new measures published in February 2021 by the OECD, the EU, and 27 countries: Belgium, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Luxembourg, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay.
On 27-28 January 2021, the OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework on BEPS held its first public meeting to take stock of ongoing work in the area of international taxation. The agenda covered the following tax policy issues:
- The global economic context and tax policy after the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Taxation and Development;
- Tax challenges arising from digitalisation and the future of international taxation;
- BEPS, tax assurance, transparency and tax administration;
- Taxation and the environment.
Given the global economic context, discussions during the meeting highlighted that the pandemic has severely affected economies around the world.