Data privacy and GDPR
More than ever, citizens around the world are concerned about what organisations do with their personal data. As many high-profile breaches have demonstrated, there are significant risks for both businesses and individuals when things go wrong.
Regulations have been evolving over the past few years and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has come into force to lead businesses towards compliance with data privacy best practice. Mazars provides businesses with the support they need to ensure adequate compliance with data protection regulations and alignment with widely adopted and recognisable data management frameworks.
“What companies do on the road to compliance is not only non-negotiable, but can prove to be a business game changer”
– Nicolas Quairel, Global Leader of Digital and Technology Solutions at Mazars
Our European GDPR team helps organisations navigate the complex legal requirements and compliance obligations related to data privacy, as well as maximise the benefits that sound data management provides.
Offering state-of-the-art audit, compliance, implementation and change management services, our team provides:
- GDPR support (including readiness assessments, implementation of our compliance programme, and on-going monitoring, as well as detailed risk-based compliance assessments across all GDPR clauses and themed compliance reviews e.g. cross-border transfer analysis)
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- breach response reviews
- third-party privacy reviews
- design and implementation of privacy and operating models
- data protection internal audits
- training and awareness programmes
- audit compliance, implementation and change management related to GDPR
- cyber security and information security
As part of Mazars’ European Data Privacy team, we provide support across jurisdictions, drawing on local knowledge and a global network of expertise. Contact one of our experts to find out more about data privacy and GDPR, and what it means for your organisation.