Organisations can choose which data processing are certified. This could be a product such as a Software as a Service, or a process such as customer onboarding or any other distinct process or service.
To prepare clients for the audit and certification of a processing activity, we support them as they enhance their compliance with national and international data protection laws and fill gaps between the Europrivacy scheme requirements and the existing controls within the organisation.
With certified Europrivacy specialists at Mazars based in the EEA and the USA, and from various risk and compliance backgrounds, we have the expertise available to deal with large complex organisations and processing activities.
Why should you get certified?
The GDPR is complex. Non-conformity carries important legal and financial risks, which are hidden costs until a company is fined (up to 4% of its worldwide turnover). The certificates demonstrate an organisation’s commitment to protect personal data and to be a trustworthy provider for customers, as well as a reliable data processor for its business partners. It also reduces legal and financial risks and can save substantial costs.
- Mitigates legal and financial risks.
- Can be combined with ISO 27001 certifications.
- Can be extended to meet national regulations.
- Combines expertise in data protection law, cyber security and certification.
- Highly comprehensive for all sorts of data processing activities.
- Created in close cooperation with data protection authorities and ready for EDPB art. 42 endorsement.
- Developed through the European Research Programme, co-funded by the European Commission and Switzerland.
To find out more about how a Europrivacy certificate can help your business, or where to start, please contact us to the right or fill in the form below.