Is international development the new Eldorado for major European construction and engineering groups?
In a construction sector which has remained gloomy since 2011, our study reveals that the European players weathered the storm in 2012 before suffering a more difficult year in 2013. Given the pessimistic business forecasts in Europe, the internationalization of European players in the construction and engineering industry seems to be the main opportunity for growth.
For this new edition we propose:
- An expanded scope to 15 European groups,
- A more detailed analysis by sector,
- A focus on the new international competition.
This edition is split into 3 parts:
- The financial performance of the European Majors and outsiders,
- The main reasons and risks related to globalization,
- The emergence of new competitors from Asia.