People’s Republic of China (“PRC”) is located in Central and Eastern Asia with a total area of about 9.6 million km² and is the 4th largest country by area and 1st largest country by population in the world. Its population is estimated to be 1.364 billion, which represents approximately 19.5% of the world population.
The National People’s Congress (“NPC”) is the highest State body and the only legislative house in the PRC.The NPC and its Standing Committee exercise the legislative power of the state.
This guide will give you an overview of China on the following topics:
- General Information
- Forms of Business Vehicles in The PRC For Foreign Investors
- Setting up A Foreign Investment Enterprise (“FIE”)
- Foreign Exchange Control
- Corporate Income Tax (“CIT”)
- Transfer Pricing (“TP”)
- Turnover Taxes
- Other Major Taxes And Duties
- Individual Income Tax (“IIT”)
- Tax Treaties
- Investment Through Hong Kong Companies