Since the publication of exposure draft ED 9 in 2007, there has been a lot of concern about the IASB’s decision to abandon proportionate consolidation. IFRS 11 ratifies this decision... but only for “joint ventures” as defined in the new standard. Companies will therefore need to rethink their joint arrangements if they want to continue using a method similar to proportionate consolidation... which is still permitted for “joint operations”!
- Appointments to the IFRS Interpretations Committee
- IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement published
- Final standards on consolidation published
- Redeliberations on Hedge Accounting exposure draft
- Impairment of financial instruments
- Contingent pricing of PPE and intangible assets
A closer look
- Standards and interpretations applicable as of 30 June 2011
- Is it really the end for proportionate consolidation?
- Leases : redeliberations continue
- IASB and FASB continue redeliberations on revenue recognition project