Beyond the GAAP brings you a two-part update on the main measures which should replace IAS 17 by the end of 2011. The date of mandatory application of the new standard remains uncertain.
- IASB completes the first phase of its Conceptual Framework project
- IFRS 1 Amendment: removal of fixed application dates
- The annual improvements process: proposals to amend the Due Process Handbook for the IASB
- Mining extraction: an interpretation on the recognition of stripping costs in the production phase of a surface mine expected soon
- Management commentary: IASB’s guidance to appear shortly
- Rate Regulated Activities – a dead end?
- Emissions trading schemes: premises for a future standard
- Severe hyperinflation: IASB publishes a limited exposure draft
- IASB publishes a staff draft of the future standard on Consolidation
- Financial liabilities: redeliberations on the treatment of the credit risk component
- Impairment of financial instruments: still a lot to discuss!
- Hedge accounting: IASB states its intentions
A closer look
- The Income Tax project is back... but in a slimmed-down version!
- Exposure draft on leases: part one
- Puts on non-controlling interests: the IFRS Interpretations Committee moves towards a wording for rejection
- IAS 37 revision: the IASB confirms its intention to go ahead