Beyond the GAAP no.35 (English) - June 2010
At the beginning of June, the IASB and FASB issued statements regarding their revised schedule for the short-term convergence project. Now, they have informed the G20 of changes to their respective work plans. While they are officially sticking to the target of June 2011, some difficult decisions have had to be made.
For example, the publication of the forthcoming standard on financial statement presentation has been deferred until the second half of 2011. The project on the derecognition of financial instruments has simply been postponed. In short, although we are expecting another IFRS “big bang” in the near future, it may be later than initially expected (i.e. 2012-2013) or it may be staggered over a period of time. The IASB is planning to gather opinions from stakeholders on the mandatory effective date of the new standards.
- New Chairman of the Trustees
- IASB: Gilbert Gélard’s term expires
- EFRAG states its aims for pro-active activities
- Liabilities project: revision of IAS 37
- IASB publishes exposure draft on revenue recognition
- Proposed disclosure on Level 3 fair value measurements
A closer look
- Standards and interpretations applicable at 30 June 2010
- Impact of IAS 27 R on operations other than business combinations
- IASB makes major changes to its work plan