Within the context of the industry concentration embodied in a certain number of transactions that accured during the course of 2011, Mazars surveyed a sample of financial reports of property companies that are subject to European listings.
The purpose was to analyse such companies’ financial reporting for 2011 using their annual reference documents and associated press material for 2011 as a basis. For the sample of listed European property companies mentioned below, Mazars:
- Assessed the degree of compliance with the most recent recommendations issued in particular by EPRA (1) and AMF (the French financial markets authority);
- Compared the companies’ communication modes;
- Identified a few representative illustrations; and
- Examined the evolution of certain indicators.
- The survey focuses on three major themes:
- The main accounting standards applicable to property companies: are differences in interpretation of IFRS perceptible within our European sample?
- Reporting within a context of financial crisis: does financial reporting change in times of crisis?
- Key data for financial analysis: what is the main data used by the financial analysts?
Available in French and English
Financial reporting by property companies in 2011