The event organised by the Irish Banking Federation on 23 June 2014 in Dublin will bring together a speaker line-up of high-level officials, including regulatory policy-makers and industry figures from Europe and Ireland, and provide an in-depth analysis of the next phase of the Banking Union.
The New Regulatory and Supervisory Roadmap for Europe
In recent months the final legislative steps on the road to creating a banking union were completed, marking the biggest overhaul of the EU’s financial system since the introduction of the euro. As financial institutions continue to navigate the regulatory impact of this ambitious programme of reform, the Irish Banking Federation will host a half-day conference, Banking Union – The New Regulatory and Supervisory Roadmap for Europe, on Monday 23rd June, in the Westin Hotel Dublin.
Bringing together a speaker line-up of high-level officials, including regulatory policy-makers and industry figures from Europe and Ireland, the conference will provide an in-depth analysis of the next phase of Banking Union. During the course of the two morning sessions, speakers will address the most recent developments of the framework and address the challenges and opportunities which the banking sector is set to face from a regulatory, industry and markets perspective.
Date: Monday 23 June, 2014
Time: 09:00 - 12:30
Location: Banking Hall, The Westin Hotel, Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2
About the event
- Conference Chair: David Duffy, President, Irish Banking Federation and Chief Executive, AIB
- Daniéle Nouy, Chair of the Supervisory Board of the European Central Bank
- Adam Farkas, Executive Director, EBA
- Cyril Roux, Deputy Governor of Financial Regulation, Central Bank of Ireland
- Freddy Van den Spiegel, Professor at Free University Brussels (VUB) and Vlerick Business School.
- John Bruton, President, IFSC Ireland
- Fabrice Demarigny, Global Head of Capital Markets Activities, Mazars
- Single Supervisory Mechanism Opportunities and Challenges
- The Role of the EBA in Building a European Single Rule Book
- SSM - The Central Bank Perspective
- Impact of the New Regulation on Banking Strategies
- Impact of SSM/SRM on Financial Markets
To download a copy of the agenda, please click here.
To book your place, please go to the IBF website.