President of Mazars
Birth of the international integrated partnership
Combination with the American firm Weiser
- 2014 - Onwards: Honorary Chairman of Mazars
- 2012– 2014: Chairman of Mazars Group
- 1995 – 2011: President and CEO of Mazars Group
- 1983 – 1995: Senior partner and President of Mazars SA
- 1974 – 1983: Junior, then Manager, then Partner (1978) of Mazars France
- Guest speaker at numerous events: EU Commission conferences (“The future of networks”, “Audit policy: lessons from the crisis”…), IOSCO/OICV conferences, COB/ AMF Conferences, IFAC World Conference of Accountants (“The essence of audit quality”), FEE events, AICPA, IAB Round Tables, Peter Drucker Forum…
- Founding negotiator for the creation of Praxity, global alliance of independent accounting and advisory firms (Over 28 000 professionals including Mazars, operating in over 82 countries). Member of its Governance Council and Management Board, Chair of its Membership Committee (2007-2012).
- Member of a variety of working groups of the European Federations of Accountants (FEE), on accounting standards, auditing standards, company law
- Member of a variety of committees or task forces organized by professional organizations such as the French National Institute of Chartered Accountants (OEC), the French National Institute of Statutory Auditors (CNCC)…
- Member of Le Portz COB (now AMF) working group on the ethics of networks.
- Between 2004 and 2006, Vice-Chair, then Chair of the Public Interest Practice Section (DMF) of the French National Institute of Statutory Auditors (CNCC).
- From 1996 to 2006, member of the French Accounting Standards Board (CNC, now ANC), Chair of its International Section (IFRS, long term contracts, financial markets’ activities reporting...)
- Knight of the Legion of Honor, Officer of the National Order of Merit
- Ranked in the 2010 “100 Most Influential People” ranking published by the American magazine “Accounting today”
- Ranked (Top 30) in 2014 “Global Accountancy Power 50” published by the British magazines “International Accounting Bulletin” / “The Accountant”
- Elected 2013 Winner (with Laurent Choain) of “Best President / HR Director Team” Trophy
Publications Coordinated or Promoted
- “Mazars. Roots to our future” (2005), “Corporate Accountability and Trust, Thoughts from 12 top managers” (Economica, 2006, published in French, English, Spanish and Arabic), “The New Organizational Wealth, managing and measuring knowledge-based assets” (Karl Erik Sveiby, Maxima, 2000, published in French and English), “Intellectual Capital, realizing your company’s true value by finding its hidden brainpower” (Leif Edvinsson / Michael Malone, Maxima, 1999, published in French and English)
- Member of the Board of “Institut Français”, the French independent authority supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in charge of promoting French culture and heritage around the world
- President of the “Sponsors’ committee” of the fundraising campaign launched by the “Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris” (the biggest Parisian campus welcoming almost 10,000 international residents every year) in order to promote cultural diversity and international mobility (six million euros raised in 3 years)
- French Society of the Cincinnati (descendants of commanding officers in the American War of Independence), Jockey Club, Nouveau Cercle de l’Union (member of the Committee), Cercle Interallié, Saint-Cloud Golf Club (member of the committee and treasurer), Académie de Comptabilité