Beyond the GAAP no.53 (English) - February 2012
At the time of writing this editorial, the IASB Update – the official publication reporting on Board meetings – had not yet been published, as the IASB’s last meeting spanned the end of February and the beginning of March. As a result, it is difficult for us to report on the Board’s provisional decisions, given that the subjects discussed were particularly complex and open to interpretation.
We have decided to use this limbo period as an ideal opportunity to re-examine one of the IASB’s major projects, namely the Insurance Contracts project. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the project was launched in 2002.
- Trustees appointed to IFRS Foundation
- Impairment of financial instruments
- Classification and measurement: moving towards less stringent criteria for the characteristics of the instrument
- EFRAG publishes conclusions of field-test study on consolidation standards
- Materiality in financial reporting: ESMA extends comment period
A Closer Look
- Leases: discussions continue on lessee accounting model
- Insurance Contracts (IFRS 4 Phase II): at what stage are we in the project? (part one)
Download the documents via your MazarsConnect account :
In order to display the full content of the page, please log in :