The Governance Council (GGC) is in charge of overseeing the proper functioning of the Mazars organisation. This Council reviews the Governance Council activity, and is the decision makers with regards to new members (partners, firms …) joining the Group, and reports back to all partners within the partnership prior to casting their votes.
It counts between 8 and 16 members, elected every three years by the Partners, gathered for the General Meeting. Their mandate runs parallel to that of the members of the GEB.
The Group wants to be on the cutting edge of governance practices. Since december 2011, Mazars has appointed two independent and non-executive members to its Supervisory Board: Denise Fletcher and François de Carbonnel.
- Patrick de Cambourg (France), Chairman
- Douglas A. Phillips (USA), Vice-Chairman
- Kenneth Morrison (Hong Kong), Vice-Chairman
- Thierry Blanchetier (France)
- Kathryn Byrne (USA)
- Simone Del Bianco (Italy)
- François de Carbonnel (France)
- Anita de Casparis (Netherlands)
- Ali Elaouani (Tunisia)
- Denise K. Fletcher (USA)
- Patrice de Folleville (Germany)
- Tim Hudson (United Kingdom)
- Kathleen Robison (South Africa)
- Jean-Louis Simon (France)
Its structure reflects Mazars geographical expansion and their elections represent a legitimacy of partners as a whole.
We see the Governance Council as a key actor for the dialogue with the Group Executive Board, within the framework of a constructive and dynamic exchange. We will be heavily involved in all the major projects affecting the life of our partnership.